Understand criminal behaviour and succeed in your criminal justice career Study an online MSc Forensic Psychology
from a TEF Silver university
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £6,000 total fees
- 100% online MSc Forensic Psychology within 24 months
- Study anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Earn while you learn
- Silver in Teaching Excellence Framework
- Assured by Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- £6,000 total fees, option to pay per module
Develop the forensic skills to excel
The online MSc Forensic Psychology from North Wales Management School has been created for individuals in fields associated with the criminal justice system. Studying this programme, you will develop a greater understanding of psychological science and its application to criminal behavior and will equip yourself for progression into senior roles.
Highly relevant to barristers, members of the police force and probation officers, amongst others, this master’s programme develops an understanding of the role of psychological evidence to affect change in forensic contexts.
What will you learn
Studying this online forensic psychology master’s degree, you will develop knowledge in key areas associated with work in the criminal justice system, including the psychological underpinnings of criminal behaviour, tackling challenges raised by mental ill-health, and the role of psychological evidence as a method of informing and shaping practices within the criminal justice system.
Key knowledge and skills taught:
- Forensic psychology in the criminal justice process
- Mental disorder and crime
- Psychology of criminal conduct
- Assessments in psychology
- Psychology of health and wellbeing
- Educational psychology
- Critical thinking and evidence appraisal
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
A flexible forensic psychology master’s designed for working professionals
This flexible master’s has been tailored to the competing time pressures of full-time work and family life. Because of the programme’s flexible delivery model, the content can be accessed at any time, which enables you to fit your studies around work and family life. You’ll learn in a specially designed online environment, interacting and sharing experiences with fellow learners and gaining insights from professionals based all over the world.
Taught and studied entirely online, this master’s programme can be studied on mobile or desktop devices from absolutely anywhere in the world, with no need to ever visit campus.
A key benefit of the programme is its flexible payment options, enabling you to avoid large upfront costs. You can pay on a per-module basis, working out at £500 per eight-week module. If you’re eligible, you can also access UK or EU postgraduate loans to cover the costs of the programme in full.
An applied focus designed for success in criminal justice careers
Rather than being a conversion master’s for forensic psychologists, this online forensic psychology master’s helps you to apply an understanding of forensic psychology and criminal behaviour to roles in the police, criminal courts, and the corrections system. A deeper understanding of criminal behaviour will make you more effective in your role, helping you to progress to more senior and more challenging roles.
Our deep-rooted relationships with major employers have helped shape a MSc Forensic Psychology that is specifically focused on enabling career progression in diverse professional and management roles across the criminal justice system.
- You should have or be about to complete an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification). We will also accept master’s degrees or equivalent.
- We may also accept applicants who do not have these qualifications based on two or more years of relevant work experience.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
- If English isn’t your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 60
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- A degree qualification taught in English
- Evidence that you work in a company where English is the first language
- High school qualifications in English
North Wales Management School online MSc programmes are designed to be affordable. Tuition fees are calculated per eight-week module. You can enrol in, and pay for, each consecutive module as your studies progress. Payment is accepted through the online student portal and must meet the payment deadline.
Forensic Psychology in the Criminal Justice Process
Mental Disorder and Crime
The Psychology of Criminal Conduct
Topics in Health Psychology
Quantitative Research Methods
Assessments in Psychology
Introduction to Educational Psychology
Qualitative Research Methods
Choose North Wales Management School
- Top 10 university in UK for employability for UK-based graduates from part-time first degrees (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- 99.1% were in employment or further study 6 months after completing their studies (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- QAA-assured, industry-led programmes, incorporating deep knowledge and expertise of employer partners and tailored to the needs of the modern job market
- Close links with leading local and regional employers, including Toyota, Kellogg’s, Brother Industries and the BBC
- Expertise in flexible learning – more than half of our students study part-time
- Dedicated Student Success team supports you every step of the way – from enrolment right through to graduation
- International university of many cultures
- Programmes suitable for a wide range of academic backgrounds
- 10% fee reduction for graduates of Wrexham Glyndwr University