Understand educational psychology and take your career in education to the next level
Study an online MSc Educational Psychology
with a QAA-assured university
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £6,000 total fees
- 100% online MSc Educational Psychology within 24 months
- Study anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Earn while you learn
- Silver in Teaching Excellence Framework
- Assured by Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- £6,000 total fees, option to pay per module
- Top 10 in the UK for ‘Teaching Quality’*
*The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2023
Develop the psychological skills to become an exceptional educator
The online MSc Educational Psychology from North Wales Management School has been created to equip educational professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the role of educational psychologists, and the core psychological concepts that underpin practice in the psychology of education.
This master’s programme is ideal for ambitious professionals in a wide range of roles in education, including teachers, head teachers, school managers, additional learning needs coordinators and support staff, amongst others. You will learn how to apply psychological evidence to shape and improve classroom and educational practice.
What will you learn
Studying this online psychology and education master’s degree, you will develop knowledge in key subject areas associated with the work of educational psychologists, including child and adolescent development, behavioural disorders, resilience, and special needs and giftedness.
Key knowledge and skills taught:
- Child and adolescent development
- Behaviour disorders and the role of resilience
- Additional learning needs and giftedness
- Psychology of health and wellbeing
- Forensic psychology
- Understanding of clinical and psychometric assessments
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Critical thinking and evidence appraisal
A totally online educational psychology master’s that can be studied from anywhere in the world
Because the MSc Educational Psychology is studied and completed entirely online, there is no need to ever visit campus. You can study this programme from literally anywhere in the world, on mobile or desktop devices. The flexible programme design ensures that you can fit your studies around full-time work and family life and continue to earn in your current role.
You will learn from tutors and interact with fellow learners in a specially designed online learning environment that is based on collaboration, that features group learning activities, discussion boards, and forums.
You can pay for this master’s programme on a per-module basis, paying £500 per module in instalments every eight weeks. If eligible, you can also benefit from UK or EU postgraduate loans to cover the costs of the programme.
A psychology master's for career progression in education
This online master’s programme has been specifically designed to equip ambitious education professionals with the understanding of how to apply the theory of educational psychology to delivering superior educational and classroom experiences. It represents an excellent opportunity to individuals who wish to gain a career advantage in education professions.
The depth of our relationships with major employers has helped shape an MSc Educational Psychology that is specifically targeted at career advancement in a range of careers in education.
Entry requirements for home and international students
- You should have or be about to complete an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification). We will also accept master’s degrees or equivalent.
- We may also accept applicants who do not have these qualifications based on two or more years of relevant work experience.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
English language requirements
- If English isn’t your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 60
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- A degree qualification taught in English
- Evidence that you work in a company where English is the first language
- High school qualifications in English
- Completion of a Wrexham Glyndwr online test or Duolingo test
North Wales Management School online MSc programmes are designed to be affordable. Tuition fees are calculated per eight-week module. You can enrol in, and pay for, each consecutive module as your studies progress. Payment is accepted through the online student portal and must meet the payment deadline.
Introduction to Educational Psychology
Additional Learning Needs and Giftedness
Child and Adolescent Development
Behaviour Disorders and Resilience
Topics in Health Psychology
Quantitative Research Methods
Assessments in Psychology
Qualitative Research Methods
Choose North Wales Management School
- Top 10 university in UK for employability for UK-based graduates from part-time first degrees (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- 99.1% were in employment or further study 6 months after completing their studies (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- QAA-assured, industry-led programmes, incorporating deep knowledge and expertise of employer partners and tailored to the needs of the modern job market
- Close links with leading local and regional employers, including Toyota, Kellogg’s, Brother Industries and the BBC
- Expertise in flexible learning – more than half of our students study part-time
- Dedicated Student Success team supports you every step of the way – from enrolment right through to graduation
- International university of many cultures
- Programmes suitable for a wide range of academic backgrounds
- 10% fee reduction for graduates of Wrexham Glyndwr University