A smarter way to succeed. A career-focused computer science Masters for £6,000
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £6,000 total fees
- 100% online Masters within 24 months
- Study anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Degree not required for admission, work experience considered
- Earn while you learn
- £6,000 total fees, option to pay per module
- Full academic support
Computer science skills in high demand
A recent study by O2 suggests that in the UK alone, organisations will need to fill more than 750,000 new digital jobs by 2020 and train almost 2.3 million people to meet the demand for digital skills.
The IT skills gap is global and is vast, with demand far outstripping supply of digital skills. This presents an exciting opportunity for ambitious individuals who are looking to achieve career success in this high-demand and well-paid sector.
A smarter way to get a computer science MSc
The 100% online MSc Computer Science is designed to provide a new way for busy working professionals to gain a qualification in this high-demand and lucrative field. It is entirely flexible and can be studied anytime, anywhere and on a wide range of devices.
Designed for a wide range of professional backgrounds
The Masters degree is designed both for ambitious individuals who are not from a Computer Science background and want to launch a career in this field, as well as for individuals who currently work in the sector and are looking to boost their career in Computer Science with a high quality qualification.
What you will learn
The programme is designed to build the key professional competencies and skills of a computer scientist.
It covers fundamental elements of computer science, including:
- Software Development
- Machine Learning
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Systems Engineering
The programme has a ‘real-world’ focus and problem solving, legal, ethical and professional considerations are embedded throughout all of the modules.The programme also includes a 45-credit research project, where students will work on a specialist topic with relevant supervision.
Experts in flexible learning
More than half of our students study part time and as a result we have considerable expertise in flexible study. This completely online MSc Computer Science programme has a flexible design enabling you to study at your own pace, on your own terms. With six starts per year, you can start within weeks. There are flexible payment options and, for those that are eligible, there are postgraduate government loans to cover the full programme cost.
Career-centric computer science Masters for today’s world of work
This MSc Computer Science is industry-led and career-focused, reflecting the culture and capabilities of North Wales Management School and Wrexham Glyndwr University more broadly. Our deep relationships with major employers have fed into the programme content and have helped shape a Masters programme that is built for career enhancement across a wide range of sectors in the modern-day work environment. It is this approach that has seen us ranked in the top 10 UK universities for employability for part-time students in employment.
- You should have or be about to complete an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification). We will also accept Masters degrees or equivalent.
- We may also accept applicants who do not have these qualifications based on relevant work experience.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
- If English isn’t your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 60
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- A degree qualification taught in English
- Evidence that you work in a company where English is the first language
- High School qualifications in English
North Wales Management School online MScs are designed to be affordable, saving time and money. Tuition fees are calculated per eight-week module. You can enrol in and pay for each consecutive session as your studies progress. Payment is accepted through the online student portal and must meet the payment deadline.
Critical Research for Postgraduate Study
Software Development for the Web
Data Structures and Algorithms
Virtual and Cloud Computing
Security and Risk Management in a Digital Environment
Applied Research Methods
Choose North Wales Management School
- Top 10 university in UK for employability for UK-based graduates from part-time first degrees (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- 99.1% were in employment or further study 6 months after completing their studies (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- QAA-assured, industry-led programmes, incorporating deep knowledge and expertise of employer partners and tailored to the needs of the modern job market
- Close links with leading local and regional employers, including Toyota, Kellogg’s, Brother Industries and the BBC
- Expertise in flexible learning – more than half of our students study part-time
- Dedicated Student Success team supports you every step of the way – from enrolment right through to graduation
- International university of many cultures
- Programmes suitable for a wide range of academic backgrounds
- 10% fee reduction for graduates of Wrexham Glyndwr University