The smarter way to succeed in the education profession. A career-focused online master’s in education for £6,000
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £6,000 total fees
- 100% online master's within 24 months
- Study anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Work experience considered for admission
- Earn while you learn
- £6,000 total fees, option to pay per module
- Full academic support
- Top 10 in the UK for ‘Teaching Quality’*
*The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2023
Combining theory and practice - the key to success for educational professionals
Working as an educational professional is widely recognised as being amongst the most rewarding occupations in the world. Education changes lives, transforms careers and helps keep the global economy moving.
Success in the field of education requires skill, knowledge and application. To be an effective educator and to achieve your career objectives in this field, combining practical experience with theoretical knowledge and continuous personal development is of paramount importance.
An online master’s designed for educational professionals
This 100% online MA Education distance learning degree from North Wales Management School has been created specifically for teachers, trainers, tutors and educational professionals from all backgrounds. It enables you to reinforce your practical work experience with the theory, tools and techniques that will help you to achieve career success as an educational practitioner.
The online MA Education has been designed to provide content and context that relates directly to the work of educational professionals in a wide range of work contexts, including schools, colleges, universities and public sector organisations.
Flexible, online learning gives you the freedom to work and study
The MA Education programme is completely flexible and follows an asynchronous learning model. Your independent study can take place anywhere, at any time, meaning that life and full-time work don’t have to get in the way of studying for your master’s degree. Because all academic content is delivered entirely online, there is no need to visit the campus and you can study from anywhere in the world. It is possible to study on a range of mobile and desktop devices and the master’s programme itself is delivered in a carefully crafted online environment that is both collaborative and supportive.
It is this career-focused content and delivery that sets the online MA Education programme apart, making it the smart option for educational professionals who want to become more effective as educators and more successful in their careers.
What you will learn
Throughout this postgraduate degree, course content and assignments are all work-related, enabling you to consider the latest theoretical underpinning related to your work. Your education studies will build on prior learning and challenge and extend critical thinking, deepen understanding and knowledge of the content and theoretical foundations of this subject area, and will encourage critical reflection of practice.
Core modules cover fundamental elements of educational theory and practice, including:
- Critical and reflective practice
- Learning technologies
- Mentoring and coaching
- Critical pedagogy and anti-oppressive practice
- Critical thinking, reasoning and argument
- Planning, assessment and feedback
There is also a 30-credit research project at the end of this master’s course where postgraduate students will have the opportunity to apply theory to practice-based research.
Experts in online learning
North Wales Management School is part of Wrexham Glyndwr University, which is in the unique position of having half of its students studying part-time. This gives the management school leading expertise in flexible instruction and learning. You will study this postgraduate course in a tailored online learning environment alongside other current students, where you’ll interact with peers in discussion groups, sharing your own professional experience and learning from others.
The programme design ensures complete flexibility and enables students to learn at their own tempo, on their own terms. Six start dates per year means you’re not restricted to the traditional academic year and it’s possible to start studying within weeks, and there is an option to pay per module, eliminating large up-front costs. For students based in the UK and EU, there are postgraduate loans available (subject to eligibility) to cover the full programme cost.
An online education master’s with a focus on career outcomes
At North Wales Management School, we’re proud to have deep and lasting relationships with major employers. It is the fact that we leverage these relationships to help inform and shape our academic content that makes our programmes industry and career-focused. This master’s is designed to help education professionals succeed in their careers in a range of different contexts. This has seen the university ranked in the top 10 UK universities for employability for part-time students.
Entry requirements for home and international students
- You should have or be about to complete an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification). We will also accept master’s degrees or equivalent.
- We may also accept applicants who do not have these qualifications based on two or more years of relevant work experience.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
English language requirements
- If English isn’t your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 60
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- A degree qualification taught in English
- Evidence that you work in a company where English is the first language
- High school qualifications in English
- Completion of a Wrexham Glyndwr online test or Duolingo test
North Wales Management School online MAs are designed to be affordable, saving time and money. Tuition fees are calculated per eight-week module. You can enrol in and pay for each consecutive session as your studies progress. Payment is accepted through the online student portal and must meet the payment deadline.
Critical and Reflective Practice in Education
Mentoring and Coaching in Education
Theory and Philosophy in Education
Learning Technology in Education
Critical Pedagogy and Anti-Oppressive Practice
Planning, Assessment and Feedback
Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Argument
Choose North Wales Management School
- Education department ranked number 1 in Wales for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2017)
- Top 10 university in UK for employability for UK-based graduates from part-time first degrees (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- 99.1% were in employment or further study 6 months after completing their studies (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- QAA-assured, industry-led programmes, incorporating deep knowledge and expertise of employer partners and tailored to the needs of the modern job market
- Close links with leading local and regional employers, including Toyota, Kellogg’s, Brother Industries and the BBC
- Expertise in flexible learning – more than half of our students study part-time
- Dedicated Student Success team supports you every step of the way – from enrolment right through to graduation
- International university of many cultures
- Programmes suitable for a wide range of academic backgrounds
- 10% fee reduction for graduates of Wrexham Glyndwr University