Equip yourself for leadership in education the smart way. A career-focused online Masters in educational leadership for £6,000
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £6,000 total fees
- 100% online Masters within 24 months
- Study anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Work experience considered for admission
- Earn while you learn
- £6,000 total fees, option to pay-per-module
- Full academic support
Educational leaders need diverse skill sets to succeed
Good educational leaders can make an enormous impact on educational institutions, students and society at large. Successful leaders in education are able to foster and maintain a culture of hard work and success through skills and qualities including transformational leadership and the ability to effectively manage the human capital pipeline.
In order to achieve this, effective leaders in education need to be able to combine a deep understanding of educational theory and practice with theoretical and practical experience of people and stakeholder management in the educational context.
An online Masters designed for educational professionals
This 100% online MA Education with Leadership degree from North Wales Management School has been created specifically for busy educational professionals of all backgrounds, across industries and sectors. It enables you to reinforce your practical work experience with the education and leadership theory, tools and techniques that will help you to achieve career success as an educational leader.
The online MA Education with Leadership provides an opportunity for professionals to explore the impact and influences of educational leadership. They will develop a critical understanding of how policy developments, values, organisational change, partnerships and collaboration can impact the experiences of staff, students and stakeholders within the organisation.
A career-friendly online programme
This online Masters in Education with Leadership has been created specifically to fit around the busy lives of aspiring and current leaders in education. The uniquely flexible learning model is asynchronous, meaning that students can study at any time and can complete their Masters without having to compromise on their work and family commitments. It is delivered entirely online and can be completed anywhere in the world – students need never visit the campus. Programme content can be studied on a range of desktop and mobile devices and can be studied at home, on your lunch break or even on your daily commute.
It is this career-focused content and delivery that sets the online MA Education with Leadership programme apart and makes it the smart option for education professionals who want to become more effective as education leaders and more successful in their careers.
What you will learn
Through engagement with current texts and policy documents (aligned to the country of study), students will gain a rigorous and thorough understanding of contemporary issues and theories. Knowledge and understanding of key themes and issues in educational leadership and management will include theories, values, leading change and strategy, partnerships and collaboration.
It covers fundamental elements of education and leadership theory and practice, including:
- Leading and Managing Professionals
- Learning Technologies
- Leadership and Management in Education
- Critical and Reflective Practice in Education
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Critical Pedagogy and Anti-Oppressive Practice
There is also a 30-credit research project at the end of the programme where students will have the opportunity to apply theory to practice-based research.
Experienced providers of flexible education
It’s because more than half of Wrexham Glyndwr University’s students study part-time that we at North Wales Management School have developed such considerable experience, knowledge and expertise when it comes to the delivery of flexible learning. Everything about this Masters programme is designed to be flexible – from the six starts per year that enable applicants to start within weeks to the flexible payment options that allow per module payment, avoiding large upfront costs. For those that are eligible, there are also government postgraduate loans available to cover the full cost of studying.
An online education Masters that prepares students for real world leadership
The MA Education with Leadership is laser focused on preparing and equipping aspiring and current leaders for the practical challenges that they will face in educational roles in any sector.
North Wales Management School’s strong relationships with employers and education providers have fed into the academic content and ensured that this is a Masters programme that is both industry-led and career-centric. From the delivery to the content, it is designed to set education leaders up for career success. It is this culture and approach to academia that has seen us ranked in the top 10 UK universities for part-time students.
- You should have or be about to complete an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification). We will also accept Masters degrees or equivalent.
- We may also accept applicants who do not have these qualifications based on 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
- If English isn’t your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 60
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- A degree qualification taught in English
- Evidence that you work in a company where English is the first language
- High School qualifications in English
North Wales Management School online MAs are designed to be affordable, saving time and money. Tuition fees are calculated per eight-week module. You can enrol in and pay for each consecutive session as your studies progress. Payment is accepted through the online student portal and must meet the payment deadline.
Critical and Reflective Practice in Education
Leadership and Management in Education
Leading and Managing Professionals
Mentoring and Coaching in Education
Theory and Philosophy in Education
Learning Technology in Education
Critical Pedagogy and Anti-Oppressive Practice
Choose North Wales Management School
- Education department ranked number 1 in Wales for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2017)
- Top 10 university in UK for employability for UK-based graduates from part-time first degrees (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- 99.1% were in employment or further study 6 months after completing their studies (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- QAA-assured, industry-led programmes, incorporating deep knowledge and expertise of employer partners and tailored to the needs of the modern job market
- Close links with leading local and regional employers, including Toyota, Kellogg’s, Brother Industries and the BBC
- Expertise in flexible learning – more than half of our students study part-time
- Dedicated Student Success team supports you every step of the way – from enrolment right through to graduation
- International university of many cultures
- Programmes suitable for a wide range of academic backgrounds
- 10% fee reduction for graduates of Wrexham Glyndwr University